Sunday, October 16, 2005

Operation Limey Return



During my professional career, it has been my pleasure to work in a number of foreign places - Hong Kong, Tulsa OK, Frankfurt and Chicago.

Of all the places I have visited it is Chicago that has captured my heart.

The places, the people, the attitudes, the restaurants all reached out in that unique Chi-town fashion, grabbed my heart with both hands ... And then attempted to throttle it.

I have been back in the UK with Mrs Limey and Mini Limey for 2 1/2 years now and yet still I find myself missing the place and most especially its people.

It is worth pointing out here that usually I am rubbish at keeping in touch with past colleagues and friends - and yet against the odds I am still in touch with my friends from Chicago.

So Operation Limey Return starts here. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but somehow; some way we need to return to Chicago and make it our permanent home.

There - it's recorded on the web now so I can't back away and pretend I never said it.. Everybody knows, after all that everything written on the web is absolutely TRUE.

1 comment:

The Writer said...

As a representative of our fair city, I can safely say that we are ready and waiting for the Return of the Limey(s).