Monday, September 12, 2005

Like father like daughter


When Baby Limey came along and she started to develop characteristics that matched me or Mrs Limey it was initially cute and endearing.

However its now more like damned scary. The ability at 21 months to exactly copy the way I used to make snap judgements (often to my detriment) about foods is just spooky. Take the latest example - Ice Cream. When offered a little initially it was "NO" followed by clamped mouth, screams and strugling.

The attached picture shows how we now cope with the demon substance ISCREAM.

Strangely enough even though I'm much too old to keep doing this I still do it - recently deciding that asparagas was definately, absolutely, never ever going to be my thing. Then I actually tried eating some.

Fortunately she is MUCH less fussy with foods than I ever was, so there is still hope for her.

3 comments:

BJ not BK said...

Cute daughter, it this your first? We are now starting foods with our 7 month old. It is amazing how strong willed a 7 month old can be. I like your quote from the Usual Suspects. I sometimes laugh when people say that we are all good deep down inside, they have never dealt with an angry 7 month old.

Paul the Limey said...

She is our first and only. I know lots of people blog about kids, but the whole experience has been SO profund.

The Writer said...

She is soooo beautiful!!!! Wonder how she'd react to quadruple chocolate fudge?? (it's a Baskin-Robbins flavor i.e. heartattack in a cone!)