Wednesday, September 14, 2005

As if (bit of a rant)

I will never be able to explain to members of my family and friends that just because I work with IT and run an IT department, I don't want to spend all my spare time doing it for others..

I mean surely its obvious - that when the car breaks down - you get to pay the friend who fixes it... But me - with IT its just expected because clearly I must LOVE doing it. You see there is the mistake. Just because I'm good at something; don't imagine for a second I love it so much that I wish to spend my spare time doing it for you.

I recently suggested that as it was family I'd do it for only £50 / hour and was told I was being ridiculouss... Must go now - I need to fix an aging aunties broadband.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Love the blog - you need one of these:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/388b/

- Matt