Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mrs Limey Visits Geneva


I have been looking forward to this moment for a long time. We have finally managed to arrange for Mini Limey to stay with a grandparent so that Mrs Limey can come over and take a look at Geneva too.

Its all very well me taking a job here, but if the boss doesn't approve then the whole thing is an aborted mission.

So with some excitement I met her at the airport on Friday and we have spent the weekend doing tourist stuff and examining suitable areas to live.

The verdict is good - as Geneva is just like most of the other European cities we have visited or lived in, so the mission is still a go.

Its Sunday morning now and she is packing for the airport and I feel deflated and sad that its over so quickly.

The family out to be here by April time - and I for one can't wait. In the mean time here is a picture of Mrs Limey in front of the inevitable Geneva Fountain shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the picture very quickly and thought, 'hey, when was Mrs. Limey in Washington?" (because the fountain looks a bit like the Washington Monument).
Too funny!

Paul the Limey said...

I would like to have visited Washington prior to living there - but at the moment its just Geneva.